Computing and data analysis play an important role in almost all private and public sector employment. The need to understand how to use IT and data to inform business decisions has never been more important.
It forms a foundation for further study or employment in the fields of mathematics, statistics, computing or data science.
Key features of the Data Analysis qualification at The Open University UK
- Introduces mathematical, statistical and computing techniques.
- Covers basic use of a range of appropriate software, including writing code in the Python language.
- Provides experience of carrying out data analysis and commenting on the results.
- Builds a solid foundation on which to continue on to a higher qualification in data science or employment in a wide range of sectors, including finance, government, health, education, the voluntary sector, business and commerce.
Data analysts and programmers are highly sought after in virtually all work places. The use of data analysis in social media, online commerce and government has revolutionised the digital economy, with employers across both the public and private sectors now recruiting data analysts and programmers to identify and solve complex business problems at the heart of strategic and operational decision making.
With further study or practical experience, students are well placed to develop their expertise in all areas of employment including business intelligence, management, biology, economics, education, engineering, environment studies, finance, government, logistics, medicine, meteorology, market research, sport and multinational businesses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essential mathematics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 8 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification, but it’s very important you’re well prepared to study mathematics at this level, and are able to read and write to a good standard of English. Ideally, you’ll also have some basic knowledge of computing.
- arithmetic of whole numbers, decimals and fractions (including negative numbers, powers and roots)
- algebraic manipulation, such as multiplying out brackets, factorising simple expressions, solving linear and quadratic equations, manipulating algebraic fractions and manipulating powers of variables
- percentages, ratio and proportion
- simple inequalities
- exponential functions, logarithms and the rules for manipulating them.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.