You’ll investigate policies, practices and issues affecting the lives of children and young people across a range of settings – developing your knowledge, your analytical skills and improving your practice.
Key features of the Childhood and Youth Studies certificate at The Open University UK
- Spans the entire childhood age range from early years to youth
- Topics include child development and child psychology, international childhoods, learning and development
- Explores children and young people’s lives from different perspectives alongside students studying and working in different settings
- Relevant to a wide range of careers in childcare, education, health and social care
A certificate in childhood and youth studies gives you skills and knowledge relevant to many careers in childcare, health, education, working with families, playwork, or working with young people. It will develop your understanding of research, practices and policies that affect children, and introduce you to many new aspects of the subject – helping you make informed choices about future career paths.
This certificate is not a professional qualification, so many of our graduates choose to undertake further/additional training before progressing to employment in specialist fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring perspectives on young children's lives and learning
- Investigating psychology
- Learning and teaching in the primary years
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Psychology Early Childhood Education View 18 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification.
- Learning and teaching in the primary years (E103) – you’ll need to observe practice in a formal educational setting for children aged 3–12
- Exploring perspectives on young children’s lives and learning (E109) – you’ll need practice experience in a setting for children aged 0–7
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.