This Business Management and French from The Open University UK offers a broad grounding in key concepts associated with business management and a sound knowledge of the basic concepts associated with the study of French. You’ll explore how businesses develop strategies, handle risk and take decisions.
You’ll see what’s involved in functions such as marketing, accounting and finance. Combining this with the study of a modern language opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace.
Key features of the course
- Develops a broad understanding of business organisations and their key elements.
- Explores some wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how these work together.
- Develops you into an independent user of French, reaching level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Develops broad knowledge of the cultures that speak French, and basic intercultural communication competence.
The skills and knowledge you’ll develop will equip you to follow a number of career paths, and are recognised by employers as having great value for work in management and business. Your understanding of another language and the cultures that use it, enhances that value – widening your opportunities in the international market. A qualification in business management with a language can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
- Middle and senior management positions across all sectors.
- Advertising and marketing.
- Human resources.
- Banking, including investment banking.
- Sales and retail.
- Management consultancy.
- Business journalism.
- Transport and logistics.
- Translation and interpreting.
- Editing and publishing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring languages and cultures
- Bon départ: beginners' French
- French studies 1 (intermediate)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Languages View 145 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- However, there’s a choice of starting points in the modern-language element – your choice will depend on your current level of confidence and proficiency.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.