You’ll investigate current questions and themes in these disciplines from both historical and contemporary perspectives. This includes the ethics of war, political justice, multiculturalism, religious nationalisms, the ‘sanctity of life’ and pilgrimage. In engaging with the core disciplines of religious studies and philosophy, you’ll develop critical skills and expertise in a range of key approaches and methodologies.
Key features of the Religion, Philosophy and Ethics (Honours) qualification from The Open University UK
- Engage with key philosophical debates about ethical and other fundamental questions
- Learn about the traditions of Christianity, Islam and Hinduism as they relate to various cultures and societies
- Investigate selected classic and contemporary philosophers and a range of religious practices and beliefs.
- Develop skills of critical analysis, empathy and communication relevant to a wide range of careers.
Employers are known to value highly the kinds of key critical thinking, empathy and communication skills which a Religions, Philosophy and Ethics degree offers. Because of this, a qualification of this type has the potential to open up many different careers. Graduates will find this qualification relevant to a wide range of careers in both the private and public sector, including: teaching, civil service, financial services, law, local government, journalism and NGO/charity work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discovering the arts and humanities
- Exploring philosophy
- Exploring religion: places, practices, texts and experiences
- Key questions in philosophy
- Why is religion controversial?
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 6 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Our current fee for 120 credits – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study – is £6,192
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.