The study of German opens doors to German-speaking cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace.
Key features of the Law and German (Honours) degree from The Open University UK
- Gives you an understanding of the role of law in today’s society.
- Provides you with legal awareness and the skills of legal analysis and methods.
- Develops you into a proficient user (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages level C1) of German.
- Develops advanced knowledge of the cultures that use German and gives you a taste of intercultural communication.
- Offers the option of a week in Germany.
Career relevanceStudying law alongside a modern language opens up many career options in law-related fields, business and finance or international organisations. Your understanding of another language and the cultures that use it is an asset that will be highly valued by employers, and that will widen your opportunities in the international market. A qualification in law and a language can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
- Business and finance.
- Civil service.
- Human resources.
- Paralegal professions.
- Translation and interpreting.
- Editing and publishing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring languages and cultures
- Rundblick: beginners' German
- German studies 2: language and culture of the German-speaking world
- German studies 1 (intermediate)
- Public law and criminal law
- Justice in action
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Languages Public Law View 30 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- However, there’s a choice of starting points in the modern-language element – your choice will depend on your current level of confidence and proficiency.
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Our current fee for 120 credits – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study – is £6,192
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.