Economic considerations play an important role in our personal lives and influence key social and political issues such as government policy, international trade, business decisions, work and climate change.
You'll be able to specialise in an area of economics and carry out a project on a topic of your choice. The analytical skills and statistical techniques that this degree develops are highly valued by employers.
Key features of the Economics (Honours) degree at The Open University UK
- Use macroeconomic and microeconomic theories to analyse key real-world topics in society, such as employment, markets and businesses, finance, new technology and government policy.
- Study econometrics, applying statistical methods to real economic problems and use specialised software.
- Develop skills in analytical thought, research, numeracy and data analysis that make economists highly sought after by employers.
- Carry out an economic research project on a topic of your own choice.
Economics graduates are in demand and usually work in well paid and attractive jobs. They successfully apply their knowledge and skills in many different jobs in government, business, accountancy, banking, economics, data analysis, financial analysis, insurance, management and administration, consultancy, the voluntary sector and teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You and your money
- Economics in context
- Discovering mathematics
- Economics in practice
- Running the economy
- Analysing data
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 20 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- It is important that you are well prepared to study mathematics at this level. So, before you register for this qualification, it is essential to check that you have the appropriate mathematical skills to study Discovering mathematics (MU123).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Our current fee for 120 credits – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study – is £6,192*
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.