You’ll gain both a technical and business perspective of the advantages, problems and risks of developing and using software technologies.
Key features of the Computing and IT (Software) (Honours) at The Open University UK
- Focuses on software development and software engineering in modern day environments
- Offers hands on experience of web, mobile and cloud technologies
- Accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- Quality assured by the European Quality Assurance Network for Informatics Education (EQANIE)
Computing and IT graduates are in demand by providers (such as software houses) and user organisations alike. The extensive range of organisations employing computing and IT graduates includes retail, financial services, leisure and gaming, telecommunications, broadcast media, digital media, manufacturing, transport, tourism, the public sector and healthcare.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technologies in practice
- Discovering mathematics
- Essential mathematics
- Algorithms, data structures and computability
- Managing IT: the why, the what and the how
- Object-oriented Java programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Software Engineering View 96 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification; however, you’ll need some basic knowledge of computing, and the ability to read and write to a good standard of English.
- In mathematics, your choice of introductory module will depend on your confidence and experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Our current fee for 120 credits – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study – is £6,192
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.