You’ll achieve a sound understanding of the principles of hardware and systems-based technologies, and the ability to apply your knowledge and skills in a broad range of industries and organisations.
As a Cisco Academy, The Open University offers the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (CCENT and CCNA) curriculum, which provides the knowledge, understanding, and skills needed to configure a LAN/WAN using Cisco equipment.
Key features of the Computing and IT (Communications and Networking) (Honours) at The Open University UK
- Provides opportunities for hands-on experience of configuring networks through day schools
- Gives you an insight into the possibilities and constraints of modern communications technology
- Upon completion of the Cisco CCNA® curriculum, puts you in a position to take CCNA certification, a widely recognised advanced work-based qualification
- Accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT
- Quality assured by the European Quality Assurance Network for Informatics Education (EQANIE)
Career relevanceComputing and IT graduates are in demand by providers (such as software houses) and user organisations alike. The extensive range of organisations employing computing and IT graduates includes retail, financial services, leisure and gaming, telecommunications, broadcast media, digital media, manufacturing, transport, tourism, the public sector and healthcare.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technologies in practice
- Discovering mathematics
- Essential mathematics
- Cisco networking
- Communication and information technologies
- Managing IT: the why, the what and the how
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Digital Communication View 15 other Masters in Digital Communication in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification; however, you’ll need some basic knowledge of computing, and the ability to read and write to a good standard of English.
- In mathematics, your choice of introductory module will depend on your confidence and experience. Visit our MathsChoices website to decide which is right for you.
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Our current fee for 120 credits – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study – is £6,192
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.