The Law and French diploma from The Open University UK offers a solid grounding in key concepts associated with law and in the use of French. With this diploma, you’ll raise your legal awareness and acquire skills of legal analysis and methods. The study of French opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace.
The law modules in this qualification cover the legal system in England and Wales only, not any other parts of the UK.
Key features of the course
- Develops a solid understanding of the role of law in society today.
- Provides you with legal awareness and the skills of legal analysis and methods.
- Develops you into an independent user of French, reaching level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Develops solid knowledge of the cultures that use French, and solid intercultural communication competence.
- Offers the option of a week in France.
You’ll develop a broad set of employability skills, including the ability to:
- Understand the foundation subjects of law and the legal system of England and Wales.
- Apply legal principles to resolve issues.
- Present and make a reasoned choice between different opinions and solutions.
- Read and discuss complex and technical legal materials.
- Communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others.
- Use information and communication technology (ICT) effectively.
- Manage time and work independently and as part of a team.
- Take responsibility for your own personal development, set realistic objectives and meet your own goals.
- Manage and motivate yourself.
- Plan, organise and prioritise your work, evaluate and reflect on it.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring languages and cultures
- Bon départ: beginners' French
- French studies
- Public law and criminal law
- French studies: language and culture of the French-speaking world
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Public Law View 45 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- However, there’s a choice of starting points in the modern-language element – your choice will depend on your current level of confidence and proficiency.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
At current prices, the total cost of your qualification would be £12,384
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.