By the end of Law course at The Open University UK , you’ll achieve a general knowledge and understanding of the English legal system and a specialist insight into contract law, the law of torts, public law and criminal law. You’ll also develop a range of skills that'll prepare you for further career development or study. You may choose to continue on to complete our Bachelor of Laws with Honours (LLB) qualification.
Key features of the course
- Develops your understanding of the English legal system and how legal cases are argued and decided.
- Provides a specialist knowledge of Contract Law, the Law of Torts, Public Law and Criminal Law.
- Helps develop key legal skills with identifying legal issues and applying legal principles
- Can assist your career development by demonstrating your academic ability to potential employers.
Skills for career development
This qualification will provide you with a knowledge and understanding of the English legal system, including the way in which legal cases are argued and decided, and a specialist knowledge and understanding of four substantive legal areas: Contract Law, the Law of Torts, Public Law and Criminal Law. You will also develop a range of legal and other skills, including being able to identify legal issues and apply legal principles and developing your time management and self-motivation abilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Law: concepts and perspectives
- Contract law and tort law
- Public law and criminal law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Public Law View 15 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
At current prices, the total cost of your qualification would be £12,384
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.