Health and social care professionals at all levels need to be proactive and flexible to succeed. Through the Health and Social Care diploma from The Open University UK you’ll develop the skills you need for effective practice in a diverse, multidisciplinary environment. You’ll also gain an understanding of how ethical, legal, social, economic and political factors influence the provision and development of services.
Key features of the course
- Applies new ideas to real life issues and situations that affect us all
- Helps you to develop as an independent and reflective learner
- Explores the context and processes of change
- Discover new ways of working across agency and professional boundaries
Skills for career development
The Diploma of Higher Education in Health and Social Care emphasises crossing professional boundaries and the service user’s perspective, and is closely attuned to care sector priorities. You’ll acquire a strong set of highly valued transferable skills, including skills in written communication; finding and using research and other sources of information; problem-solving; and time management. You’ll learn to work independently and as part of a team, and gain a good understanding of the role of IT in care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives in health and social care
- Death, dying and bereavement
- Making a difference: working with children and young people
- Mental health and community
- Critical issues in health and wellbeing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Health Management Health Sciences View 35 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
At current prices, the total cost of your qualification would be £12,384
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.