The design modules feature online design studios, social networking and inspiring study materials alongside a practical component. As well as design, you’ll study modules in complementary subjects to gain skills and knowledge in an area that fits your needs and interests.
Key features of the course
- Teaches you about different design specialisms
- Focuses on the process and application design and innovation in real-world contexts
- Puts your learning into practice, building a portfolio of design work to show your ideas and skills
Skills for career development
The aim of this Design and Innovation diploma from The Open University UK is to broaden your design thinking and develop design skills around your own particular interests. You’ll develop your understanding of the processes, principles and issues involved in designing and producing new products, and the issues and challenges associated with designing. You’ll gain skills in applying and managing design processes and generate design ideas, concepts, proposals or solutions in response to set briefs to develop a small portfolio of work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discovering the arts and humanities
- Engineering: frameworks, analysis, production
- Engineering: origins, methods, context
- Environment: journeys through a changing world
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Innovation Management Graphic Design View 22 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.