Key features of the course
- Develops familiarity with mathematical, statistical and computational data modelling techniques.
- Builds working knowledge of a range of appropriate software, including writing code in the Python language.
- Provides experience of carrying out data analysis, and of communicating and critically commenting on the results.
- Builds a solid foundation on which to continue on to a degree in data science or employment in a wide range of sectors, including finance, government, health, education, the voluntary sector, business and commerce.
Skills for career development
The ability to analyse data is a much sought after skill in the modern workplace. The diploma will equip you with a strong foundation knowledge of data analysis and modelling from statistics, applied mathematics and computer science. In addition, you’ll develop important transferable skills such as communication, time management and problem solving.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essential mathematics
- Analysing data
- Algorithms, data structures and computability
- Mathematical methods
- Practical modern statistics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data View 11 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
There is no formal pre-requisite study, but you must have the required mathematical skills to study the compulsory module Essential mathematics 1 (MST124), including:
- algebraic manipulation and solving equations
- quadratics and parabolas
- geometry and trigonometry
- exponentials and logarithms.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
At current prices, the total cost of your qualification would be £12,384
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.