This Business Management and Languages diploma from The Open University UK offers a solid grounding in key concepts associated with business management and in the use of your chosen language. You’ll explore how businesses develop strategies, handle risk and take decisions. You’ll see what’s involved in functions such as marketing, accounting and finance. Combining this with the study of a modern language opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace. The name of your diploma will reflect your chosen language (e.g. Diploma of Higher Education in Business Management and German).
Key features of the course
- Develops a solid understanding of business organisations and their key elements.
- Explores wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how these work together.
- Develops you into an independent user of your chosen language, reaching level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Develops solid knowledge of the cultures that use your chosen language, and solid intercultural communication competence.
- Offers the option of a week in France, Germany or Spain.
You’ll develop a broad set of employability skills, including the ability to:
- Understand key business functions such as marketing, human resources, information management, accounting and finance, and operations in their wider organisational and social context.
- Put together reasoned arguments and question assumptions.
- Draw together, analyse and critically evaluate information and data, using a range of research methods.
- Understand the nature of leadership skills and behaviours within organisations.
- Communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others.
- Use information and communication technology (ICT) effectively.
- Manage time and work independently and as part of a team.
- Take responsibility for your own personal development, set realistic objectives and meet your own goals.
- Manage and motivate yourself.
- Plan, organise and prioritise your work, evaluate and reflect on it.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring languages and cultures
- French studies
- Rundblick: beginners' German
- German studies (intermediate)
- Bon départ: beginners' French
- Spanish studies 1 (intermediate)
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Language Studies Management, Organisation & Leadership View 134 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
At current prices, the total cost of your qualification would be £12,384*
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.