Graduates are qualified to teach Business Studies and Religious Studies to honours Leaving Certificate level.
Graduates of the Education, Business Studies and Religious Studies at Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick will:
- Demonstrate subject knowledge, curriculum process and content, and professional knowledge
- Engage in critical and analytical thinking, problem-solving, reflection and self-evaluation
- Engage in planning, teaching, learning, assessment, classroom management and organisation for the classroom and the school as a learning organisation
- Articulate a commitment to and vision for the development of the uniqueness of the pupil in all its dimensions
- Integrate and apply knowledge skills, attitudes and values in complex and unpredictable educational settings
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skill and a readiness to be leaders and innovators of curriculum change
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong personal and professional development and actively participate in professional learning communities
This programme is accredited by the Teaching Council and has been developed in response to the growing need for excellence in teaching at post-primary level. The programme prepares graduates for their roles in all areas of professional life in education.
The following list demonstrates just some of the careers our graduates have pursued:
- Post-primary teacher
- Retail Management
- Marketing and PR
- Human Resource Management
- Training and Development
- Educational Management
- Management Principles
- Business Mathematics
- Religion and World Religions
- Theology of the First Testament
- Teaching and learning - Planning to Teach
- Understanding Contemporary Schools and Society
- Adolescent Development - Understanding Young People and How They Learn
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The normal deadline for applying through CAO is 1 February, the late deadline is 1 May and the deadline for change of mind is 1 July.
DisciplinesEducation Religious Studies & Theology International Business View 49 other Bachelors in International Business in Ireland
- Please enclose detailed certified results and awards for all examinations mentioned in the application form (certified original documents and certified English translation where applicable).
- Official results and award of examinations to be taken should be submitted as soon as they are available.
- If you are from a non-English speaking country, you will be required to show evidence of a high level of competence in English as part of the application.
- Please note that your application form cannot be considered unless certified results and awards are submitted.
- When detailing result/grade/mark, please include QCA/GPA, mark or percentage relative to marking system at your university.
International5128 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5128 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2564 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2564 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.