Information Technology (IT) is pervasive in our everyday lives, and in a few decades has become one of the keys to business success in most sectors of the economy.
That is why IT is a sector that is creating many highly skilled jobs, offering excellent professional opportunities to competent people who are able to adapt to rapid technological changes throughout their professional activities.
Engaging in computer studies today is a pragmatic choice compared to what one can anticipate from the needs of the labor market, but it is also the door open on a field in constant evolution, of a diversity and offers exciting challenges to those who will be able to meet them.
Strengths of the Bachelor in Applied Information Technology programme at the University of Luxembourg
- Professional training in 3 years designed to meet companies' needs
- Progressive specialization towards a profession in the Computer Science domain
- One semester of internship in a company (past internships were for example done in the banking sector (BCEE, UBS, ING, Clearstream, Credit Suisse, etc.), auditing and consulting firms, technology sector (Delphi, IEE, SES), in the public sector (eg. CTIE, Grand-Ducal Police, Hospitals), and in research institutions (UL, CRP Tudor, SnT, etc.))
- Practicals are given in very small groups, and tutoring sessions accompany the students during their study
- An international team of experienced university researchers combined with IT experts from the private sector
- Network administrator, IT developer, software engineer, webmaster in all business sectors
- Study in the Master in Information and Computer Sciences (MICS) at the University of Luxembourg
- Technical English
- Discrete Mathematics
- Operating systems
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Informatics & Information Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Luxembourgish secondary school diploma or foreign diploma recognised as equivalent by the Luxembourg Ministry of Education
- Languages: level B2 in English and B1 in French
- Selection based on grades especially in mathematics, informatics, and other natural science or technical subjects
- 400€ / semester (1 & 2)
- 200€ / semester (3 to 6)
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.