Renewable energy includes solar, wind, water and other renewable energy sources. Currently, it is probably the most progressive and rapidly expanding field of technology and energy in the world. It is understandable – the future of all of us depends on this area.
While studying bachelor’s in Renewable Energy Engineering at KTU, you will expand your engineering knowledge and skills, will master the knowledge on the use of environmentally friendly types of energy, on the application of solar, wind, hydro, biofuel heat pump technologies in the fields of electricity and heat. Your knowledge will be supplemented with practical workshops at state-of-the-art laboratories equipped by Siemens, Schneider Electric, Omicron, ABB and DE Lorenzo.
- Next to the basic subjects of the study programme, you will be able to choose two more specialised module groups additionally
- The students and lecturers work as partners, the innovative attitude of students to the studied objects is highly valued
- Hands-on experience using contemporary lab equipment acquire practical skills which are highly regarded among the employers
What will you study?
- Energy sources: properties, potential, effective use
- Power plants: solar and wind energy, environment-friendly energy sources
- Technologies: microprocessor devices, controllers, fuel elements
- Design: intelligent energy systems, power plants, autonomous energy systems
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Graphics
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Drawing
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy Environmental Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA >60 %),
- maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible,
- minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject: final exams and Mathematics, Physics or Information technologies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3426 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3426 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3426 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3426 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.