Graduates would be able to meet current and future needs of the workforce within hospitals and industry to support the development, introduction and implementation and evaluation of new technology, practice and advanced techniques in these fields.
The Radiography (Hons) course from University of Malta aims to produce graduate radiographers who:
- recognise the importance of knowledge and understanding to their current and future professional practice
- develop the skills necessary to perform their roles
- integrate their learning effectively
- develop their knowledge and understanding within an evidence based framework
- recognise and exploit relationships between learning developed in university and practice based environments
- transfer knowledge and understanding to situations encountered in practice.
Career opportunities and access to further studies
Today's radiographer has a greatly expanded role and takes on many duties. Radiographers could be making decisions such as which examination to perform or advising on procedures - all areas of healthcare where a real difference to both patients and practitioners can be made.
Being in possession of a dual qualification with equal competencies and skills in the two branches, radiographers would be able to increase their employability and be able to provide high quality practice while creating better opportunities for career development.
Once registered, radiographers could work in the public or private sector, go into research or become a lecturer and train others in the profession. They could also choose to work abroad or undertake additional training to specialise in an area of radiography.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy of the Thorax, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Anatomy of the Skin, Upper and Lower Limb
- Body Fluids, Cells, Cardiovascular and Respiratory Physiology
- Gastrointestinal and the Endocrine System
- Radiation Safety
- Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy Devices
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Introduction Week
- Opening Ceremony
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 10 other Masters in Health Sciences in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must satisfy the General Entry Requirements for admission, namely, the Matriculation Certificate and Secondary Education Certificate passes at Grade 5 or better in Maltese, English Language and Mathematics.
- A pass at Advanced Level in Biology.
- Applicants shall be required to be aged not less than 18 years within three months from the date on which the Course commences.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10800 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.