Applied Biomedical Science is a vast and multidisciplinary area of health care. A sound knowledge of the biomedical sciences is a prerequisite for this Applied Biomedical Science (Hons) programme at University of Malta .
The following are the major areas of study in Applied Biomedical Science:
- Cellular Pathology - the study and identification of pathological conditions of cells and tissues
- Clinical Biochemistry and Genetics - the study of the levels of biochemical compounds in the body and the study of inherited basis of disease
- Haematology - the study of both the cellular and a cellular components of blood
- Medical Microbiology/Virology - the study of microorganisms that cause disease
- Transfusion Medicine - the study of the methodology involved in the collection, preservation, storage, testing and administration of blood and blood products
- Immunology – the study of the diseases and disorders of the immune system.
Career opportunities and access to further studies
Graduates in Applied Biomedical Science may seek employment as Medical Laboratory Scientists in the Hospital Pathology Laboratories at Mater Dei or with a private hospital.
Some graduates may opt to seek employment in industry with foreign pharmaceutical companies based in Malta.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Anatomy
- Laboratory Safety
- Body Fluids, Cells, Cardiovascular and Respiratory Physiology
- IT for Health Care Professionals
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biochemistry Genetics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must satisfy the General Entry Requirements for admission, namely, the Matriculation Certificate and Secondary Education Certificate passes at Grade 5 or better in Maltese, English Language and Mathematics.
- Passes at Advanced Level at Grade C or better in Biology and Chemistry and a pass at Intermediate Level in Physics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10800 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.