Molecular and Medical Genetics is the field of biology that studies the genetic basis of disease, with the intention of developing improved diagnostics to prevent or treat genetic disorders. The Molecular and Medical Genetics program from Abu Dhabi University, accredited by the UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), combines academic and supervised practice experience to prepare you for roles as clinical geneticists or research technologists. The program will equip you with the knowledge and technical skills in molecular biology and human genetics needed to succeed in the medical genetics field.
The BSc in Molecular and Medical Genetics offers you the opportunity to receive training in a discipline growing in demand in today's society. You will acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to work in both the public and private sectors and develop yourself professionally in both applied and clinical research in genomics, biomedicine, biotechnology, or pharmaceuticals. You will be equipped to work in universities, hospitals, government departments, research institutes, biotechnology, and the pharmaceutical industry. Roles include:
- Molecular genetics technologist
- Molecular laboratory technologist
- Clinical laboratory technician
- Scientific laboratory technician
- Academic researcher
- Medical sales representative
- Physician assistant
- Health ministry officer
You will be able to address issues relating to the application of experimental analysis to solving problems in genetics, follow a career involving genomics and clinical genetics, as well as be prepared for advanced study with an MSc in Molecular and Precision Medicine, which will be offered soon at Abu Dhabi University.
- Quantitative Analysis
- Epidemiology and Public Health Genetics
- Metabolic Disease
- Inherited Immunodeficiencies
- Cancer Biology
- Medical Genetic Counselling
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Molecular Sciences Genetics View 5 other Bachelors in Genetics in United Arab Emirates
- Indian Senior Secondary Certificates (CBSE), or State Board Examinations, or Indian School Certificates awarded by ICSE: Achieving the minimum average of 50% on completing grade 12
- British System (IGCSE & GCE): Completing a total of 7 subjects from either IGCSE level or AS/A2 levels, in at least 4 of the following fields: Mathematics, Languages, Sciences, Social Studies and Humanities, Art and Design; with a minimum required grade of C for the IGCSE level subjects, D for the AS Levels, and E for A2 subjects. Successfully provide evidence / certificate of completing at least 11 years of schooling.
- Canadian & American High School Diplomas: Achieving the minimum average of 80% on completing grade 12 or its equivalent of overall average B grade or 3.0/ 4.0
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: Successfully completing 6 subjects, with at least 2 at the higher level (HL) and a minimum total of 24 points.
International15556 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 EUR per credit during 48 months.
National15556 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 EUR per credit during 48 months.
- 1890 AED
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.