The Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Management from Macromedia University of Applied Sciences provides you with the practical and theoretical training you need to get ahead in the national and international fashion business.
You will learn about the entire value creation chain in the fashion world – from creation, sourcing raw materials and production to marketing, distribution logistics and trade. You will also study the theory and history of fashion. The course syllabus comprises, among other topics, the following:
- Fashion Theory and History
- Customer Experience Management
- Fashion Technologies
- Fashion Trends and Design
- Fashion Business and Value Creation
- Special Topics in Fashion Management
Our experienced professors will provide you with the inside knowledge you require to become a fashion industry expert. On top of this, our partner network opens the doors for our students to universities and companies in the fashion hubs of Paris and Milan.
The fashion management expertise you will acquire
As a graduate in Fashion Management (B.A.), you will be able to quickly identify fashion trends and capitalise on them.
Your Fashion Management (B.A.) will open the doors of the fashion industry’s companies and specialist agencies – including those of international and regional ladies’ and gents’ fashion manufacturers, online portals, department stores, retail chains and trade fair, events, casting and photographic agencies. Or it might lead into fashion and lifestyle magazine management. As a qualified fashion manager, you will have acquired core business skills and know how to analyse target groups’ needs, to evaluate trends, and to create and develop brands.
We have developed a broad and carefully harmonised curriculum. Our university equips you with social and professional skills and the ability to work scientifically and methodically. You will acquire an impressive portfolio of professional expertise while studying for your Fashion Management (B.A.), encompassing:
- German and international fashion industry
- Purchasing and production logistics
- Materials science and production techniques
- Developing and assessing a collection
- Retail experience and presentation aspects at point of sale
- Retail touch points analysis, design and synchronisation
- E-commerce and customer relationship management
- Fashion brand management and marketing
- Fashion communications and journalism
- History of fashion
Career prospects after graduation
Your Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Management (B.A.) qualifies you for a professional role in the fashion industry. Prospective employers include international fashion agencies, broadcasters, publishing houses and household names in the fashion industry. Graduates start out in a range of positions, such as:
- Fashion brand manager
- Product manager
- Customer relationship manager
- Retail marketing manager
- Fashion retail manager
- Flagship store manager
- Fashion sponsoring
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A firm practical focus lies at the heart of all courses at Macromedia University. A well-maintained network of more than 500 industry partners assists with practical projects on this bachelor’s course. This is your chance to apply and round off in reality the knowledge you have learned in the classroom.
- Our projects portal offers a taste of our partnerships with the fashion industry’s top companies. These include Adidas, Benetton, Escada and numerous TV broadcasters, advertising agencies and publishers. Our student advisers will gladly provide you with all the relevant details.
- Our professors will guide you through the entire Fashion Management (B.A.) course and provide you with practical experience in all aspects of the profession. They run exciting projects for students to try out course content in an authentic practical context. You will benefit from this hands-on experience during your later professional career.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 74 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A certified secondary education certificate, the entrance qualification for Universities/Universities of Applied Sciences or equal qualification and tertiary education certificates if applicable. School leaving certificates from outside Bavaria must be officially approved as being equivalent, where necessary. There is no set grade level required to be admitted to each course.
- TOEFL iBT (at least 72 out of 120) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9) or equivalent qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of motivation
- Personal interview (optional)
- Copy of valid passport
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5300 EUR per semester during 42 months.
EU/EEA10600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5300 EUR per semester during 42 months.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.