In order to appreciate and explore more deeply the effects of natural and human-induced processes, and the interactions of the physical components of the planet on the environment, students will take courses that lay the foundations for them to engage in careers that will allow them to influence environmental science and policy and to improve human and environmental health.
The Environmental Science - Public Policy major from Duke Kunshan University includes both coursework and experiential learning about the underlying science, and the social, political, legal and economic factors that both encourage and hinder environmental cooperation and competition around the world. All students pursuing this major must complete a set required Divisional Foundational courses that provide the required background and fundamentals in the discipline essential to advanced work in the major. The major includes a set of five required interdisciplinary courses (four set courses plus one to choose from a list of two courses) which provide a well-rounded, in-depth examination of environmental science and policy issues. In addition to the foundational and interdisciplinary and disciplinary requirements, students also have the choice of a number of elective courses that provide flexibility to add depth in their specific field of study, and/or explore other subject matters as they see fit.
The Public Policy track is designed for students most interested in the social, cultural, economic, and political aspects of environmental sciences. The track provides a healthy balance between basic sciences and public policy aspects to prepare graduates for translating this knowledge into meaningful action and innovative policy solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dynamic Earth and Oceans: Physical and Biological Sciences for the Environment
- Applied Environmental Science and Policy
- International Environmental Policy
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Environmental Economics
- Environmental Justice: The Economics of Race, Place and Pollution
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 17 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- High academic credentials and passion for learning
- Strong English language competency
- Strong interest in Duke Kunshan's innovative, integrated and interdisciplinary liberal arts curriculum
- An adventurous spirit and creative thinking orientation
- A demonstrated desire to have an impact and succeed in life
- Excited at the unique leadership opportunity being a member of the inaugural class provides
International55880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55880 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.