Find your passion and pursue it. Investigate, experiment and specialise in all forms and industries including poetry, literature, children's fiction, non-fiction, screenwriting and digital games.
At Falmouth University in the English with Creative Writing (Hons) programme, you'll gain practical experience with our partners in publishing, literary festivals and professional writing, learning valued critical and technical skills.
- Design and run a student-led collaborative project as part of your third year. Previous projects have included producing illustrated anthologies, sitcoms and podcasts while working in collaboration with schools, charities and businesses
- Attend our guest lecture series, where you'll build relationships and contacts within all facets of the literary world.
- Participate in literary events, such as The London Book Fair and the North Cornwall Book Festival.
- Take inspiration from The Lighthouse (pictured above) – the glorious workspace at the heart of our community – which hosts everything from skills and craft workshops to board game sessions, literary quizzes and poetry readings
- Contribute your own work to Falwriting: our student-led online magazine
- Use our state-of-the-art Soundhouse and edit suites to record audience-ready productions.
- The Craft of Writing
- Writing Toolkit
- Audience & Context
- Introduction to Publishing
- Literature Now
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 820 other Bachelors in Literature in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We consider all applications on their own individual merit and potential. We invite all applicants to an interview day or audition to give them the opportunity to demonstrate this along with what inspires and motivates them in their field.
- Applicants will also be able to show their portfolio or give a performance depending on the course. We welcome applications from all subject backgrounds, whether you’ve specialised in STEM, the arts or humanities.
- As a guide our typical offer at undergraduate level is 104 – 120 UCAS Tariff points, primarily from Level 3 qualifications such as but not limited to A-levels, T Levels, a BTEC/UAL Extended Diploma or a Foundation Diploma. Applicants should have GCSE Mathematics Grade 4 (C), or equivalent.
International17460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17460 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.