The Globalisation and Development (Honours) programme at Beijing Normal University - Hong Kong Baptist University United International College is a four-year, full time degree programme, with considerable departure from traditional single discipline courses.
In addition to the courses of the main discipline, students are required to take supporting, interdisciplinary, General Education (GE) Courses and the Whole Person Education Experiential Learning Modules (WPEX) of their own choice.
In the final year of study, students undertake individual projects, in which they can gain detailed knowledge, develop basic research techniques, and experience during the course of thesis writing.
Its main objectives are:
- To provide students with the solid analytical and practical skills required to make sense of crucial socio-economic governance and development challenges, both in China and abroad;
- To endow students with in-depth multidisciplinary knowledge and ability to actually apply theories and principles to real-life circumstances, as well as with key analytical skills in the intertwined fields society, economy and environment. The present level of global interdependence of communities and phenomena requires, in fact, a growing number of multifaceted professionals, who can effectively manage complexity and process a wide range of diverse inputs in fast-changing, multicultural contexts;
- To train students to positively impact their communities as informed, responsible, proactive global citizens;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Cooperation
- Regional Cooperation and Integration: the ASEAN
- Public-Private Partnerships for Development
- Regional Cooperation and Integration: The EU
- Globalisation: Trends, Issues and Opportunities
- Foundations of World Geography
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Mainland China Applicants:Mainland Chinese students who have sat the P.R.C. National College Entrance Examination (NCEE) of the current year, and have met the college entrance benchmark are eligible to apply.Overseas Applicants:An applicant from overseas other than Hong Kong or Macau may apply for admission with qualification acceptable to the College, and will be considered on an individual basis.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Associate Degree Student/Holder
- Higher Diploma/Professional Diploma/Diploma Student/Holder
- GCE Qualification
- SAT Qualifications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11792 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11792 EUR per year during 48 months.
National11792 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11792 EUR per year during 48 months.
- RMB 90,000 per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.