The Automotive Engineering programme from Fontys University of Applied Sciences is a four-year English taught programme that focuses on a combination of theory, practice and project work. It leads to an international Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree. For the first two years, every student follows the same curriculum. Starting in the third academic year, you will be able to make curriculum choices based on your own interests. You will be allowed to choose your internship and your minor. In your final year, you will be allowed to choose your group project within the two main themes of Semester 7 (Future Power Train and Smart Mobility), and then your graduation project in a company. If you spend 40 hours per week on the programme, you will definitely complete it successfully.
The Automotive Engineering programme teaches students how to design, create, and test vehicles. The design of the programme is highly personalised, which enables you to get to know the team of lecturers very quickly and to feel comfortable almost immediately. At the beginning of your studies, you will be assigned a study supervisor, who will help to guide you throughout the programme.
During your programme, you will train your technical skills and conduct challenging research and development projects, resulting in innovative products/solutions and mobility advancements in the process.
What do we expect from you
Do you have a passion for engineering and automotive technology? Are you curious by nature? Do you enjoy finding solutions to practical issues? If so, then this is the right programme for you. Technical developments, especially those in mobility, are progressing rapidly. This means that you need to be able to approach problems creatively, be comfortable with mathematics, and be able to easily switch between theory and practice. Of course, perseverance is an important criterion for your success.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The University of Applied Sciences (HBO) Automotive Engineering Programme takes 4 years and the teaching materials consist of theory, practical sessions and project work. Every student follows the same programme for the first 2 years.
- From the 3rd academic year onwards, you have multiple choices focused on your specific interests. In particular, your choice of internship, minor, group project in Semester 7, and your graduation project in a company help you give your studies your own specific direction and substance. If you devote 40 hours per week to your studies, you will definitely make it.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- If you want us to arrange accomodation: 15 June
- If you arrange your own accomodation: 15 August
- Non-EU Students: 15 May
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Automotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 7 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
As a prospective bachelor’s student you must have a diploma of secondary education that is equivalent to Dutch standards. In order to be admitted students must be eligible for higher education through a diploma of secondary education / high school diploma with good results:
- For students with the Dutch nationality (with the Dutch secondary school diploma): MBO-4-, HAVO- or VWO-diploma with mathematics and physics.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with mathematics & physics or
- For students who are in possession of an International Baccalaureate diploma (with mathematics and physics): we accept both SL and HL results.
International10140 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10140 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2143 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.