English is one of the dominant languages worldwide, and English language skills are in high demand. A good proficiency will increase your chances of collaborating with people all over the world, giving you an advantage in the job market.
The high level of English proficiency in Norway is reflected in the excellence of the teaching, which is primarily in the hands of professors who are English native speakers and experts in their respective fields.
The first year gives you a broad introduction to the language and literature, as well as the cultural history of Great Britain and the USA. During the first semester we organise a study trip to York, UK.
The English programme at the University of Agder is not a vocational programme. This means you will have to decide what you would like to work with in the future and compose your degree accordingly. Student advisers and career counsellors may help your planning by recommending electives and discussing job opportunities.
English skills are in demand, both in the private and the public sector. A thoroughly planned degree may be a door-opener. Employers will be looking at the total of your competencies, including work experience and organisational work in addition to the actual degree.
Active participation in the Alumni association will provide you with an additional organisational experience which may increase your chances in the job market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American and British Literature and Culture
- English Phonetics and Phonology
- English Grammar
- Academic Writing in English
- Practical English
- Aspects of English Morphology
- African-American Literature
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Liberal Arts Literature
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements are Higher Education Entrance Qualification for international applicants and certified language requirements in English.
- The general basis for admission to universities and university colleges in Norway is called Higher Education Entrance Qualification. You may find what is considered university entrance qualifications from your country in the 'GSU' list. This list states the basic requirements for admission to higher education in Norway.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
There are no tuition fees at UiA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.