If your interests develop strongly in one area, you may choose to graduate with a degree title that reflects this: Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern, or American.
BA (Hons) History: For students whose intellectual curiosity spans centuries and continents, our BA History programme offers an exciting range of options, encompassing over five millennia of human experience.
BA (Hons) History (Ancient): Our ancient historians offer expertise in ancient Greek, Roman and Egyptian history.
BA (Hons) History (Medieval and Early Modern): Dynamic change marked these fascinating eras; we offer units that challenge conventional wisdom and offer fresh approaches to these seminal centuries.
BA (Hons) History (American): The twentieth century was ‘the American century’, but what fate does this century hold for the United States? Understanding the challenges, foreign and domestic, that face Americans today requires that we understand America’s turbulent past.
Our Medieval and Early Modern History (Hons) programme from Manchester Metropolitan University graduates go into a variety of careers and sectors. As well as the history and heritage sectors; with roles in museums, galleries, heritage sites/historic houses, heritage organisations and charities, record offices, libraries and archives, to name a few; our graduates are employed in sectors as diverse as education, marketing, law, banking, local and national government, and the civil service.
There is also the opportunity to engage in further study and professional training, for example some of our graduates go on to study MA History/MA Public History and Heritage at postgraduate level, giving you the opportunity to focus further on the area of history that you feel most passionate about.
- Radical Manchester
- Questioning Humanity
- History in Focus
- Global History: Empires, Migration and Cultural Encounters
- Culture, Community and Conflict in Classical Greece
- The Struggle for Mastery: Medieval Britain and Ireland, C.i066-1314
- The "Clash of Civilisations": Islam and Christianity in the Medieval Mediterranean World
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 221 other Bachelors in Modern History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A levels – e.g. BCC-BBC
- Pearson BTEC National Extended Diploma – DMM
- Pass Access to HE Diploma with a minimum of 106 UCAS Tariff points
- Equivalent qualifications and combinations will be considered, including Extended Project (EPQ. AS levels (or qualifications equivalent to AS level) are not accepted.
- Specific GCSE requirements: GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass
- International Baccalaureate points: IB Diploma with minimum 26 points overall or 104-112 UCAS Tariff points from Higher Level. If you plan to meet the Level 2 course requirements through your IB Diploma you will need to achieve Higher Level 4 or Standard Level 5 in English.
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK/Channel Islands students: £2312.50 per 30 credits studied per year
- EU/International students: £4125 per 30 credits studied per year
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.