Specific courses give students of the Energy Engineering programme at Politecnico di Torino the skills they will need to manage the main types of industrial and civil energy plants, as well as to understand the basic notions of nuclear technologies. The technical competences of energy engineers enable them not only to manage ordinary technologies but also to take an active part in technological innovation and evolution.
The professional profile of the energy engineer falls within the more general area of industrial engineering.
Training must provide the skills and cognitive tools which enable energy engineers to study and manage components, equipment and systems for the generation and use of thermal, mechanical and electrical energy from both fossil and renewable sources, while assessing the resulting safety and environmental impact issues.
They must also have competences in planning and rational use of energy in the industrial, civil, agricultural and transportation sectors.
- Applied thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Engineering Drawing
- Mathematical analysis
- Mechanics of machines
- Structural Mechanics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school diploma got after at least 12 years of schooling
- High school diploma got after 11 years of schooling + having passed ALL of the exams scheduled in the first academic year at home university
- High school diploma got after 10 years of schooling + having passed ALL of the exams scheduled in the first two academic years at home university
- High school diploma got after 10 or 11 years of schooling + a higher degree obtained in a post-secondary professional institution in a subject relevant to the selected bachelor or having passed one or two preparatory years (Foundation course) to fill the gap. Politecnico di Torino will decide about the eligibility of the Foundation year(s)
- Applicants will take the admission test using a special browser that will block other computer activity during the test and record them, both audibly and visually, through the PC webcam.
International2601 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2601 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Turin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.