Experts say that Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be more groundbreaking than electricity. Those who are one step ahead can play a key role in contributing to the way our future lives will be shaped. The new Bachelor's degree program in Artificial Intelligence (AI) provides you with an ideal start to this mission. You control how and what machines learn. You develop the learning algorithms and methods needed for making intelligent decisions.
Why is Johannes Kepler University Linz the perfect place for this? Because Linz is a globally recognized hot-spot in AI research. Because this is among the first AI degree programs in Europe. Because the program is in English and internationally oriented. But above all: Because you don't just want to experience the future, you want to actively create it.
What Makes This Program Special
- The Bachelor's degree program in Artificial Intelligence at the JKU makes you unique: It is among one of the first AI degree programs in Europe. There is no comparable degree program in Austria.
- Human or machine? Clearly both. At the JKU, you will learn how Artificial Intelligence can serve society - but also where the dangers lie.
- Your base-knowledge education in mathematics and computer science is balanced, but you will also become an expert in specific AI fields, including machine learning, knowledge representation, and language processing.
Graduates of the Bachelor's degree program possess a broad range of high-level skills and expertise and are highly sought after in business and industry:
- Information Technology: Austria currently lacks over 10,000 IT specialists, particularly AI experts.
- Manufacturing and Supply Chains: As a specialist and manager, you can develop AI systems to control the flow of goods. As an analyst you can use AI methods to extract corresponding relationships and new information from available data: Where are the weak links in the supply chain? Which parts can be better optimized and how?
- Medicine and Healthcare: Use AI methods to improve diagnostic processes
- Transportation: Use AI methods to help design and develop autonomous vehicles
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Science
- AI Basics and Practical Training
- Machine Learning and Perception
- Computer Science
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Area of Specialization
- AI and Society
- Free Electives
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must meet admission requirements to enroll in a Bachelor's degree program: General higher education entrance qualifications (such as an Austrian "Matura" diploma)
- English Language skills on Level B2 required.
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 36 months.
€726.72 for third-country nationals
Living costs for Linz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.