The emphasis is on biosciences, and then shifts towards disease processes and forensic investigation of physical evidence types.
In addition to the pursuit of core sciences, you will study forensic investigation in anthropology and topics relating to archaeology - including the degradation of human remains and physical materials - which will develop your skills in forensic interpretation. The final year develops your professional skills through a forensic research dissertation.
This Forensic and Medical Sciences (Hons) programme at the University of Bradford prepares you for a wide range of careers, including those in the professional medical and forensic sectors because of its broad basis and application.
There are wide-ranging career opportunities, including the health service, the forensic science or police scientific support laboratories, the Health and Safety Executive, and the public analysts’ laboratories, as well as opportunities in the chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food, drink and electronics industries. The scientific skills, knowledge and methods you will acquire during the course can also be a useful basis for a career in teaching; technical and scientific writing; drug registration, patenting or monitoring; and medical publishing or other information services.
- Forensic Examination and Analysis of Physical Evidence
- Virtual Anatomy for Forensic Sciences
- Statistics and Databases for Forensic Scientists
- Molecular Genetics
- Biometrics and Human Identification
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Forensic Science View 319 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer - 112 UCAS tariff points.
- A levels - To include A-level Chemistry or Biology minimum grade B.
- BTEC Extended Diploma - DMM. Science subject required – must include a minimum of three Chemistry or Biology-related units.
- Applicants on Access Programmes - 112 UCAS tariff points from an Access to Higher Education Diploma – Science subject required. Must include a minimum of 12 credits of Chemistry or Biology at minimum Distinction.
- International Baccalaureate requirements - 112 UCAS tariff points to include HL Chemistry or Biology at grade 6 plus 2 other HL subjects at grade 5. Plus HL 3 or SL 4 in Maths and English Language and Literature A or English B.
- Plus minimum of GCSE English, Mathematics and a Science at grade C or 4 (equivalents accepted).
International21124 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21124 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.