This Forensic Science (Including Foundation Year) (Hons) course from University of South Wales allows you to explore your interests in the scientific and forensic investigation of crime, while exploring the nature, consequences and prevention of criminal behaviour.
You’ll gain the practical skills and knowledge to examine crime scene evidence and study relationships between professionals in the criminal justice sector, including how forensic scientists work alongside police forensic teams and the wider criminal justice sector to achieve successful prosecutions.
Graduates can expect to be employed in laboratory-based positions in the forensic science sector, such as forensic technicians or highly skilled analysts.
As a USW student, you will have access to advice from the Careers and Employability Service throughout your studies and after you graduate.
This includes: one-to-one appointments from faculty based Career Advisers, in person, over the phone or even on Skype and through email via the "Ask a Question" service. We also have extensive online resources for help with considering your career options and presenting yourself well to employers.
Resources include psychometric tests, career assessments, a CV builder, interview simulator and application help. Our employer database has over 2,000 registered employers targeting USW students, you can receive weekly email alerts for jobs.
The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundation Biology
- Introduction to Forensic Investigation and Criminal Justice
- Scientific Data Literacy
- Key Skills in Professional Development
- Introduction to Forensic Science
- Introduction to Criminalistics
- Chemical Concepts for the Forensic Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesForensic Science View 167 other Masters in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical A-Level Offer: EE to include a relevant Science subject but excluding General Studies
- Typical Welsh BACC Offer: N/A
- Typical BTEC Offer: BTEC Extended Diploma Pass Pass Pass or BTEC Diploma Pass Pass in a relevant subject
- Typical IB Offer: Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 80 UCAS tariff points from Higher Levels to include Science or Maths.
- Typical Access to HE Offer: Pass the Access to HE Diploma and obtain a minimum of 80 UCAS tariff points
- Additional Requirements: GCSEs: The University normally requires a minimum 3 GCSEs including Mathematics and English at Grade C/Grade 4 or above, or their equivalent but consideration is given to individual circumstances
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
International Scholarships are available for self-funding international students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.