This BSc Mechanical Engineering (Hons) degree from University of South Wales is a wide-ranging mechanical engineering degree that will develop your understanding of the field and your ability to solve engineering problems independently.
You'll study basic principles used by engineering professionals and how they work in practice and understand how what you learn in the classroom can be applied in real-life to find solutions to everyday problems.
The accreditation from professional bodies ensures that what you learn relates directly to industry standards. The diverse nature of this Mechanical Engineering course means you could establish a career in many areas of industry, such as production, process and manufacturing engineering. It is the ideal course for engineers who want to broaden their career prospects beyond individual specialist or technical areas.
With a degree in Mechanical Engineering you could establish an engineering career in many possible areas, such as transport, health, defence, manufacturing, entertainment, design or finance. In addition to engineering skills and principles, you will gain extra key skills in management, computers, teamwork, design, project management and communication, which will make you attractive to employers in any sector.
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Engineering Council
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Mathematics
- Design and Manufacture
- Mechanical Science
- Professional Engineering Techniques
- Measurement Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 338 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical A-Level Offer: BCC - CDD to include Mathematics and one other Science subject (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical Welsh BACC Offer: Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade C/D in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BC - CD at A Level to include Mathematics and one other Science subject (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical BTEC Offer: BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Merit Merit - Merit Merit Pass in a relevant Maths, Science or Engineering subject which must include Maths modules (this is equivalent to 112-80 UCAS tariff points).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Part-time UK and EU: £680 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.