The Chemistry programme from Bilkent University aims to equip students with basic chemical knowledge and experimental skills so that they can contribute to modern scientific and technological developments. The program is designed to lead to a professional career or advanced study in chemistry.
The undergraduate program offers the B.S. degree and the graduate program leads to M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Chemistry.
Current research areas are solid-state chemistry, organic and organometallic chemistry, molecular spectroscopy, theoretical chemistry, polymer/supramolecular chemistry, cage compounds, surface chemistry, catalysis, electrochemistry and nanostructured materials for sustainable energy systems, renewable energy generation, energy conversion, and chemical/electrical energy storage, focusing on nanomaterials, electronics, sensors, solid-state devices, display systems, petrochemicals, medical diagnostics, cancer therapy, drug delivery, and automotive and aerospace applications, origins of electrostatics, mechano-chemical reactions, soft robotics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Chemistry
- Orientation for Chemistry Majors
- English and Composition
- General Physics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum diploma score of 28 out of 45. Mimimum one HL subject related to the applied program.
- Gold, Silver or Bronze Medal holders in International Science Olympiads recognized by TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey)
- SAT Reasoning Test: A minimum score of 900 out of 1600 in “Math” and “Critical Reading” sections.
- SAT Subject Test: A minimum score of 500 out of 800 from mimimum two sections related to the applied program.
International14500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 USD per year during 48 months.
National5513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5513 USD per year during 48 months.
- 45.000 TL for Turkish students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.