The BA in Early Childhood Care and Education from Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick provides excellent training and a highly-regarded qualification in this most rewarding area, and was developed in response to contemporary developments in the field of early years education both in Ireland and internationally.
There is a growing awareness in Ireland of the need for high calibre professionals to provide young children with the best possible care and education. Graduates may pursue leadership roles in both the private and public sector where high quality childcare provision is required. As specialists in Early Childhood Care and Education, graduates of this programme may find employment as managers, directors, coordinators or facilitators in a wide range of early years settings.
Following the Irish Government’s introduction of the provision of a free year of pre-school education, job opportunities for graduates of this course are expected to continue to increase. Graduates of the programme also meet the eligibility criteria to work as pre-school inspectors and early years inspectors in Ireland.
- Child Health & Well-being
- Language Development in Early Childhood
- Child Development
- The Role of Play in Development
- Educational Psychology
- Child, Family and Community
- Language Acquisition and Early Literacy
- Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- The Pedagogy of Early Childhood; Curriculum Guidelines
- Early Childhood Education and Care Leadership and Management
- Including Children with Special Needs in the Early Years
- Professional Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The normal deadline for applying through CAO is 1 February, the late deadline is 1 May and the deadline for change of mind is 1 July.
DisciplinesEducation General Studies & Classics Teaching View 16 other Bachelors in Teaching in Ireland
- Please enclose detailed certified results and awards for all examinations mentioned in the application form (certified original documents and certified English translation where applicable).
- Official results and award of examinations to be taken should be submitted as soon as they are available.
- If you are from a non-English speaking country, you will be required to show evidence of a high level of competence in English as part of the application.
- Please note that your application form cannot be considered unless certified results and awards are submitted.
- When detailing result/grade/mark, please include QCA/GPA, mark or percentage relative to marking system at your university.
International5128 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5128 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2564 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2564 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.