Accredited by the Teaching Council, IT seeks to equip participants with the competence to teach at all levels of the primary school. Reflecting the College's well-established reputation for excellence in teacher education, this Education - Primary Teaching programme from Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick enables students to examine their role as a learner, a teacher, a researcher and a leader.
It comprises of on-campus study and school placement, and also gives students the opportunity to specialise in specific areas in education or the liberal arts. Insightful and challenging, the B Ed programme will prepare you for a varied and rewarding career as an educator.
- The Bachelor of Education - Primary Teaching is designed to qualify students to teach in primary school. This Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick accredited degree is an internationally recognised qualification and was the first programme of its kind to be accredited by the Teaching Council of Ireland. The course promotes the personal and intellectual development of students, while providing the professional and academic foundation for a career in teaching.
This programme is accredited by the Teaching Council, IT.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language and Literacy
- Mathematics and its Teaching
- Developing criticality around recent and contemporary issues in education
- Developmental Psychology
- Technology and Educational Methodology
- Becoming a Student Teacher
- Professional Placement
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The normal deadline for applying through CAO is 1 February, the late deadline is 1 May and the deadline for change of mind is 1 July.
DisciplinesEducation General Studies & Classics Teaching View 46 other Bachelors in Education in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must be at least 16 years old on 15 January of the year of entry.
Applicants must have obtained the following minimum grades at a single sitting of the Leaving Certificate examination:
- Grade H5 on a Higher Level paper in not less than three subjects
- Grade O6/H7 in three other subjects (Higher or Ordinary Level)
Applicants must have obtained the following grades, at minimum, in the following subjects:
- Gaeilge - Grade H4
- Mathematics - O4 or H7
- English - O4 or H7
Foundation Level Mathematics does not satisfy the entry requirement in Mathematics.
International5128 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5128 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2564 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2564 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.