International Foundation in Humanities and Social Sciences - Politics and Sociology programme at INTO Newcastle University allows you to start earning academic credits towards your academic program while advancing your skills in order to satisfy the university requirements.
Benefits offered include:
- Advance your academic and English language skills
- Receive support in your first year of studies
- Graduate in the same amount of time as local students
- Customized curriculum lasting one or more semester, depending on your needs
- Classes with small numbers of students encourage more student-teacher interaction
What to expect from studying this Humanities program
When studying a Humanities program, you will choose to specialize in one the subjects focusing on the human condition: Anthropology, Languages, Cultural Studies, Ethics, Philosophy, Literature, History, Liberal Arts, and more.
Learn about how culture grows and transforms and the major events that shaped our human society. You will develop creative and critical thinking. Become part of the discussion and the force of change that will shape our future and create a medium for discourse, idea exchange and the development of new ideas. By understanding the various aspects that make us human, you learn to bridge the gap and the differences between different cultures, and focus on the things we have in common, instead of our differences. Teaching is an important component of Humanities, as once you will develop your knowledge of human culture you are responsible for sharing this knowledge with others, creating awareness and educating.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Introduction to British Institutions and Culture
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to the Study of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Study Skills and Projects
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSociology Public Policy Political Science View 1637 other programmes in Sociology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic requirements: Completion of 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades.
- English requirements: IELTS 5.0 (Extended Course) - 5.5 (Standard Course) or equivalent
- Age requirement: 16 years and above
International20395 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20395 GBP per year during 9 months.
Tuition fees start from £20,395 depending on the chosen duration.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.