Alongside your study of Spanish, you can choose to study a second specialism chosen from some of the subjects listed above, entitling you to include both subjects in the name of your degree, or complete your degree with modules chosen from a wide range of options.
Key features of the Arts and Humanities (Spanish) (Honours) degree from The Open University UK
- Specialise in Spanish within a broad and flexible arts and humanities degree
- Develop your critical thinking and communication skills that will be valuable in the workplace and for further study
- Learn about Spanish cultures and develop your intercultural communicative competence
- Learn to communicate fluently in Spanish, taking your language proficiency to level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference
Skills for career development
Employers greatly value the high-level critical thinking, analysis, and communication skills acquired by studying a humanities degree. You’ll sharpen your IT, writing, and independent thinking skills; and develop the ability to assimilate and evaluate relevant information in constructing an argument. These are key skills in complex organisations, greatly sought after in the world beyond study – whether you’re already working, volunteering, or changing career.
Study of the arts and humanities requires an understanding of human activities in diverse cultural environments and in very different historical circumstances. The breadth of study and range of cultural texts and objects analysed, combined with training in clear thinking and communication, make this degree course relevant to a wide variety of careers, including:
- public administration, local government, the civil service, art institutions, and social services
- advertising, journalism, publishing, creative industries and public relations
- legal work
- business, banking and retail
- human resources
- charities and campaigning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discovering the arts and humanities
- Portales: beginners' Spanish
- Spanish studies 1 (intermediate)
- A buen puerto: advanced Spanish
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Liberal Arts View 31 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6092 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18276 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18576 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Current fee for 120 credits – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study – is £6,192.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.