This Econometrics and Operations Research programme at Maastricht University combines economics and computer science with management and statistical techniques to create an indispensable, in-demand skillset that companies around the world are seeking.
This high demand is reinforced by the programme’s international orientation and its integrated semester abroad. Plus, you’ll be studying at one of the best business schools in the world, the ‘Triple-Crown’ accredited School of Business and Economics at Maastricht University. What more could you ask for?
Why this programme?
Econometricians use their mathematical and statistical expertise to sift through mountains of economic data in order to find trends. This ability has an enormous number of applications for business, government and research throughout the world, including:
- making companies run smoothly
- increasing profit sustainably
- predicting financial trends
- understanding how people’s behaviour affects the market
- dealing with wider economic issues and crises
All of these practical applications make Economics and Operations Research a booming field with huge prospects for graduates.
The School of Business and Economics not only helps you become a well-trained econometrician, but we also immerse you in an interpersonal, intercultural and international setting that gives you an extra edge in an increasingly globalised world.
When you graduate, you can find work in:
- finance, helping to make sound business decisions and analysing investment plans
- government, forecasting the effects of economic policy
- major commercial firms (e.g. in telecommunications or public transport), optimising efficiency
- consultancy, lending expert advice to clients of all shapes and sizes
- academia, where many of our graduates launch their careers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Linear Algebra
- Probability Theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership Econometrics View 62 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Prospective students with a Dutch diploma
You are admissible if you have one of the following diploma’s:
- VWO diploma ‘Natuur en Techniek’
- VWO diploma ‘Natuur en Gezondheid’ + wisB
- VWO diploma ‘Economie en Maatschappij’ + wisB
- VWO diploma ‘Cultuur en Maatschappij’ + wisB
- HBO propedeuse + mathematics level VWO wisB
- OU propedeuse + mathematics level VWO wisB
Prospective students with a non-Dutch diploma
- If you have a non-Dutch diploma that is equivalent to the Dutch vwo diploma you are, in principle, admissible to this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.