In the Economics and Business Management (Hons) degree from Newcastle University you'll develop an understanding of economic issues in modern society, and of the global and national settings in which economic activities take place.
You learn about key management practices and develop practical business skills through topics such as:
- business enterprise
- global marketing
- human resources
- technology management
You'll have access to a wealth of resources and support to enhance your employability, including:
- specialist careers and business start-up support from the University's award-winning Careers Service
- career management sessions with a Careers Adviser
- an Annual Career Development Week, to help you improve your employability skills and meet potential employers
- work experience opportunities while studying with us
- Business School summer internship scheme
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Management and Organisation
- Economic Analysis
- Statistical Methods for Economics
- Mathematics for Economics
- Economic Applications
- Introduction to Marketing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 908 other Bachelors in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Achievement of a minimum of five GCSE grades A*-C or 8-4, or equivalent, is normally required. These must include Mathematics (minimum grade A or 7) and English (minimum grade B or 6), or equivalent.
- A Levels: AAB excluding General Studies.
- Scottish Qualifications: AAABB at Higher Grade. Mathematics required at National 5, minimum grade A (or grade 1 Standard Grade or Intermediate 2 equivalent) and English required at National 5, minimum grade B (or grade 2 Standard Grade or Intermediate 2 equivalent) if not offered at Higher Grade.
- International Baccalaureate: 35 points. Standard Level Mathematics or Mathematical Studies and English (Language and/or Literature) required at grade 5 if not offered at Higher Level.
International18600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.