Also known as the Flying Start degree, this Business Accounting and Finance (Hons) degree from Newcastle University is a collaboration between Newcastle University, PwC, and Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Get your career off to a flying start with:
- custom-designed modules that satisfy the requirements of the ICAEW Certificate and Professional Level examinations
- paid work placements in Stages 2, 3 and 4, with PwC, that count towards ICAEW work experience requirements for chartered accountant status
- an attractive salary and paid holiday during your placement
- over 200 days of paid work experience on real projects for real clients as part of PwC’s Assurance team
As this degree is delivered in partnership with PwC and ICAEW, you will have regular interaction with the accountancy profession. This comes via a range of methods including a visit to the Newcastle PwC office in stage 1, bespoke placement training and the integrated work placements in stages 2, 3 and 4. You'll also enjoy close interaction with chartered accountants on the teaching team.
This degree was designed with, and is professionally accredited by, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Management Accounting and Finance
- The Financial Environment
- Introductory Quantitative Methods and Principles of Taxation
- Introductory Economics
- Introduction to Business Law
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Accounting View 1276 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Additional Information on GCSEs (or equivalent)
- Achievement of a minimum of five GCSE grades A*-C or 8-4, or equivalent, is normally required. These must include Mathematics (minimum grade A or 7) and English (minimum grade B or 6), or equivalent.
- AAB excluding General Studies.
- AAABB at Higher Grade. Combinations of Highers and Advanced Highers accepted.
- A minimum of 35 points with three subjects at grade 5 or above at Higher Level preferably including Mathematics. Standard Level Mathematics or Mathematical Studies and English (Language and/or Literature) required at grade 5 if not offered at Higher Level.
International18600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.