The primary aim of the course is to provide these students with the knowledge base, transferable skills, linguistic skills and general competence to allow them to progress successfully onto the University of Malta 's undergraduate Engineering, ICT, Built Environment and Design and Technology courses.
The Foundation Studies in Science, Engineering and ICT course from the University of Malta offers specific training and support in those core science and English areas where these students require further assistance.
The course will provide teaching in the subject areas of mathematics, physics, computer science (including programming), graphical communication and English. In addition, students will be expected to attend regular tutorial sessions for each subject.
During the tutorial sessions students will be expected to show evidence of adequate revision of the week's work. At the same time, tutorials are intended as scheduled learning sessions in which students will receive training in how to apply their knowledge base and practice their language and communication skills.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
Certificate holders are eligible to apply for:
- B.Eng. (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering (4 year degree)
- B.Eng. (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (4 year degree)
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Engineering (3 year degree)
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Computing Science (3 year degree)
- B.Sc. IT (Hons) in Computing and Business (3 year degree)
- B.Sc. IT (Hons) in Software Development (3 year degree)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algebraic Techniques
- Coordinate Geometry, Vectors and Matrices
- Trigonometry and Numerical Methods
- Technical and Academic English Writing
- Technical and Academic English Reading
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNatural Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 13 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The Course shall be open to all applicants who:
- present a secondary and/or high school certificate issued abroad and who studied within an educational system that is not comparable to the Maltese educational system (in terms of curriculum, years of study, etc.) and
- are in possession of one of the following qualifications in English at the required level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.