Students will also be expected to carry out two supervised industry placements, where they will gain valuable work-place insights and skills. In Year II, students are encouraged to apply for student exchange programmes for one or two semesters at one of the universities which have links with the Institute for Tourism, Travel and Culture.
The Institute for Tourism, Travel and Culture works closely with local tourism stakeholders, such as government entities and ministries, hotels, restaurants, heritage agencies, and is an active member of several European and international networks. These links ensure that programmes of study offered by the Institute are relevant and useful for anyone who wishes to develop an interest or career in the tourism sector.
Students who wish to participate in an ERASMUS exchange are encouraged to do so during the second year of the course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Thinking and Communication
- Data in Tourism Studies
- Tourism, Travel and Destinations
- Basic Economics for Tourism
- The Business Environment of Tourism and Culture
- Events and Tourism
- Malta and the Mediterranean: Culture and Identity
- Work, Leisure and Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must satisfy the General Entry Requirements for admission, namely, the Matriculation Certificate and Secondary Education Certificate passes at Grade 5 or better in Maltese, English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants who are in possession of the Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management or the Higher National Diploma in Tourism Studies awarded by the Institute of Tourism Studies (Malta), or similar qualifications, may be admitted to Year 2 of the Course under those conditions as the Board may impose.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.