Psychology (Hons) students from UCLan Cyprus will learn about the mind and behaviour, enabling them to understand the way people act, react and interact.
They will consider the roles of the brain and the nervous system upon behaviour, perception, mood and memory. The overall aims of the programme are to:
- Provide a stimulating and supportive learning environment that gives the opportunity to develop potential;
- Provide an up-to-date curriculum in psychology that emphasises the development of skills and knowledge related to the scientific and empirical aspects of the discipline;
- Provide choice and flexibility in the curriculum while maintaining those core aspects of the syllabus needed to secure British Psychological Society recognition;
- Foster the development of key skills that will facilitate further academic and vocational training and sub sequent employment;
- Provide students the opportunity to get involved in research, in collaboration with research active psychology faculty, thereby learning first-hand about the scientific method.
Studying psychology provides you with a wide range of skills that span both the arts and the sciences. Therefore, this opens up opportunities with a wide variety of employers. Aside from the professional (Chartered) roles available for graduates to progress onto, there is a range of graduate careers including roles in project management, data analysis, human resources, local authority and law enforcement.
Other students undertake further training and consider careers in law, teaching, the Probation Service, speech therapy, social work, or other allied health roles.
British Psychological Society (BPS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Historical Foundations of Psychology
- Understanding Behaviour
- Psychology of the Media
- Turning Goldfish into Elephants
- Methods & Practices of Psychological Inquiry
- Current Topics in Psychology
- Psychological Research: Design & Quantitive Methods
- Psychological Research: Qualitative Methods
- Social & Developmental Psychology
- Cognitive & Physiological Psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apolytirion or High School leaving Certificate or other equivalent’
- Knowledge of English Language
International9950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9950 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9950 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
- discount of €1,450 per year UCLan Cyprus Bursary
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.