Medical Imaging technology is a rapidly advancing profession and the Medical Imaging Technologists are expected to have a higher level of knowledge and skills to operate and control imaging technologies of digital radiography, Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Bone Densitometry (BMD).
This Medical Imaging Sciences program from Gulf Medical University is designed emphasizing on the modern trends of Imaging Sciences and is delivered over 4 years (8 semesters) including internship. Students enrolled in MIS program will develop problem-solving skills and diverse Medical Imaging competencies for professional practice through focused coursework and hands-on experience in Medical Imaging procedures. On successful completion of this program, the student will be awarded the degree of Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Sciences (BSc. MIS) and qualify as a Medical Imaging Technologist, which would be a steppingstone to a challenging career in Medical Imaging.
Who is a Medical Imaging Technologist?
- Medical Imaging Technologist work along with the Radiologist in performing medical imaging procedures to diagnose the diseases and disorders of human body.
- Medical Imaging Technologist operate modern and sophisticated Digital X-ray, CT, MRI, Interventional radiology and Bone densitometry to examine and demonstrate the anatomical structures and physiological functional behaviors of body organs by applying knowledge of structure and function, body positioning skills and medical imaging techniques.
- Medical Imaging Technologist are also trained to perform these duties at the patient’s bedside, in the operating room and in an emergency.
- Medical Imaging Technologist control along with medical physicist to maintain as low as radiation dose by implementation of the radiation protections methods and equipment to protect the patients, general public and staff.
- Information Technology
- Human Body Systems I (Anatomy and Physiology)
- Communication Skills for Health Professionals
- Patient Care and Professional Conduct in Medical Imaging
- Radiation Physics
- Radiographic Instrumentation and QC
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 5 other Bachelors in Health Administration in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of 12 years of school education.
- All applicants must complete 17 years of age on or before the 31st of December in the year of admission.
- The applicant must have passed any one of the following English Language Proficiency Tests with a minimum score as follows:
- 1100 in Emirates Standardized Language Test (EmSAT)
- 500 in TOEFL (CBT 173 – iBT 61)
- 5.0 in IELTS for Academic
- English proficiency minimum requirement is mandatory before registration
- UAE applicant for the program must score a minimum of EmSAT Arabic 800 and all international students shall register for a non-credit based Basic Arabic Language course in the Institution or submit EmSAT Arabic with 800. Until successful completion of Basic Arabic language, student shall be placed on conditional admission.
International10673 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10673 EUR per year during 48 months.
National10673 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10673 EUR per year during 48 months.
Tuition Fees / Year: AED 44,400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.