Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILO)
- Explain and critically review business theories and concepts to identify issues, analyse situations, and develop solutions for multi-faceted problems in organisational settings.
- Critically evaluate issues and make informed judgements in view of the organisation’s strategies as well as ethical considerations.
- Make contributions as a leader and member in a team setting and communicate effectively.
- Command knowledge of the practices and activities of key aspects of hotel and sustainable tourism management.
- Integrate and apply advanced analytical skills to address issues and make business decisions related to hotel and sustainable tourism management.
- Assimilate and synthesise new knowledge in hotel and sustainable tourism management, apply it to solve problems related to operation in hotels and eco-tourism, and develop practical recommendations.
Graduates of the Hotel and Sustainable Tourism Management (Honours) programme of the Open University of Hong Kong can develop their career in different tourism and hotel sectors. They can choose to serve either profit or non-profit organizations in the capacity of, for example, professional ecotourism resort hotel managers, ecotourism holiday planners or tourism environmental education officers.
Opportunities are available for the graduates of this programme to pursue postgraduate studies in Hong Kong and abroad. Students may continue to study for a master’s degree in tourism-related areas such as MICE, hotel, tourism marketing or real estate management; or other master’s degrees in business-related areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrated Business Functions
- Finance for Managers
- Event Management
- Cultural Heritage Management
- Advanced Tourism Management
- Business Issues and Ethics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Tourism & Leisure View 34 other Masters in Business Administration in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) qualifications are required to obtain Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, as well as Level 2 or above in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and an elective subject (or equivalent).
- Applicants with local academic qualifications other than HKDSE are required to:
- Complete Year 1 study of a recognized Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programme; or
- Obtain Grade E or above in AS Chinese Language & Culture and Use of English, and 2 AL / 1 AL plus 2 AS / 4 AS subjects in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (or equivalent).
- Applicants with non-local academic qualifications are required to obtain:
- Grade E or above in 2 AL / 1AL plus 2 AS subjects5 in the General Certificate of Education AL / International AL; or
- An overall minimum score of 24 in the International Baccalaureate Diploma; or
- Other equivalent overseas academic qualifications (as determined by the University).
International10983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10983 USD per year during 48 months.
National8448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8448 USD per year during 48 months.
- National: 65,480 HKD per year
- International: 85,124 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.