The promotion of your musical abilities and your own artistic identity are the first priority in the Popular Music programme from SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences . A mix of individual major and minor lessons, ensemble lessons, repertoire and accompaniment coaching will form your musical basis throughout the entire course of studies. You will hone your musical craft, test yourself in interaction with others and sharpen your artistic profile. You will learn all the basics, tools and the necessary routine in courses such as composition, songwriting, performance training, artist development, pedagogy and recording techniques.
Our innovative approach that pays off
As a popular musician you make sure that the music of tomorrow remains exciting. You are a recording artist, songwriter and working musician at the same time, creating musical experiences for an audience in changing environments.
A BMus in Popular Music will prepare you for a number of different freelance careers:
- author/composer, adapter/arranger/orchestrator, performer/musician
- sound-engineer/sound technician for concerts, events, theatre, radio, TV, sound carriers
You could also collaborate with:
- song-writers/composers, lyricists, speakers, bands/music groups, orchestras
- producers, sound studios, clients from industry and business
Or employment with:
- production companies, ensembles, concert organisers, apprenticing companies
- phono-industry, labels, publishers, distributors, TV and radio stations, PR and marketing agencies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studio techniques
- Instrument Major / Instrument Minor / Ensemble
- Media Law – Music & Sound
- Performance Training
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
If you are an international candidate (who needs to apply for a student visa), we recommend that you apply at least four months before the start of your studies.
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 5 other Bachelors in Music in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- General higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or university of applied sciences entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife)
- Two songs in MP3 format: for your studies, you must choose and present an instrument (or vocals) as your main subject. Please upload your own compositions or interpretations of foreign works with your application (each lasting 1-4 minutes).
- Letter of motivation: why do you want to study Popular Music with us? What do you expect from your studies? Where do you see yourself in the future? (max. 2 pages)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Copy of your identity card or passport
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per semester during 42 months.
- €750 / month (Citizenship EU/EEA incl. Switzerland, Western Balkans)
- €4,500 / semester (Citizenship Non-EU/Non-EEA)
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.