The Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Hons) programme from Heriot-Watt University Dubai provides the theoretical basis and design methods for communications, computers, programming, software engineering, control and other electronic and electrical energy systems. Practical and organisational skills are encouraged through project, design and laboratory work and through presentations and management studies.
Graduates have the knowledge and skills to enter a career in a wide range of industries, including, but not limited to, power generation and transmission, renewable energy technology, smart tech and smart cities, electric vehicles, robotics, building services, electronics and communications.
Why study Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- Learn how many of the electronic devices we take for granted work
- Study a subject that lets you apply the principles of mathematics and physics to the real world
- Learn the skills that will put you in a position to move into management roles as a professional engineer
- Explore the exciting worlds of electronics, robotics, computing and power generation
- Whatever your final career path, developing the ability to apply quantitative methods to solving problems — the basis of engineering — will be an invaluable asset.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering graduates work in many sectors, including power production and transmission, transportation, building services, utilities, electronics, computing and communications. Most modern systems rely on electric power and electronic control, and this is reflected in the opportunities available to electrical and electronic engineers. Many engineers move into management positions where their numeracy and problem solving skills are valued.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Analogue Electronics
- Linear Control
- Microwave Techniques
- Electrical Power Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Sustainable Energy and Power Systems
- Industrial Power Systems
- Systems Level Integration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Software Engineering View 14 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Arab Emirates
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCE A-Level CCC (or AABB at AS-Level)
- CBSE 65%.
- American High School Diploma + SAT 1s - 1000
- Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points.
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Engineering) with a BBBB.
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 70%
- Curriculum Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5 + IELTS 6.0
- EmSAT minimum 1400 English, 1300 Maths, 1100 Physics, 1100 Chemistry
- Compulsory subjects to include Mathematics, Physics and English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14643 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14643 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
National14643 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14643 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
AED 65100 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.