Explore traditional, hybrid and experimental forms of visual communication to develop your own creative illustration practice. The Illustration (Hons) programme is offered by Leeds Beckett University .
As part of your course you’ll:
- Develop concepts and narratives through drawing, sequential illustration and animation, digital practices, three-dimensional forms, performance and creative writing
- Underpin these practices with an emphasis on drawing and image-making
- Challenge the conventions of the discipline of illustration
- Define and locate your own practice within the professional context of illustration
- Investigate established unfamiliar and emerging processes, to inform your own individual methodologies
Why study Illustration at Leeds Beckett University...
- An experimental course that provides you with a wide range of practical experience within a community of like-minded artists
- Benefit from the school's close links to industry and creative businesses in the Yorkshire region, throughout the UK, and beyond
- Your tutors will have extensive experience of working as active practitioners, allowing you to gain from their knowledge and professional networks
- Study within Leeds School of Arts - one of the largest university arts communities in the north, with 3000 students spread across over 40 courses and 170 years of inspiring, challenging and innovative practices
- Take advantage of the interdisciplinary nature of the course and the school; gain access to a vast range of ideas, skills and facilities which will allow you to take your practice in whichever direction you want to
- Leeds has a thriving creative sector; home to hundreds of innovative start-ups, agencies, design businesses and countless other opportunities for illustration graduates
You will graduate with the skills to work in a variety of sectors including the creative arts and design industries. Your creativity and ability to respond to a brief will enable you to work for a range of employers including marketing agencies, publishers and animation studios. You will also have the knowledge and practical skills to set up as a freelance illustrator.
- Film maker
- Graphic designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Illustration Projects
- Illustration Processes
- Contextual & Historical Studies
- Visual Literacy
- Specialist Illustration Projects
- Negotiated Illustration Projects
- Critical & Professional Study
- Key Debates in Illustration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 584 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Selection Criteria
- Interview Required
- International baccalaureate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.