Software Engineering is at the heart of all modern technology, and plays a key role in every industry. It incorporates disciplines such as:
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
You’ll first learn the principles that underpin computer science, giving you a strong technical foundation on which to build. The Software Engineering (Hons) programme from the University of Bradford shares a common first year with our computer science programmes, enabling you to transfer between programmes at the end of the first year if interests or career aspirations emerge in other areas.
The emphasis then moves to the design and implementation of large software engineering programmes, and you will study subjects including:
- mobile applications
- system security management
- software verification
- database systems
BEng (Hons) in Software Engineering draws on our outstanding research strengths and expertise. Our Department of Computer Science is one of the longest established in the UK, and we have a strong heritage within the subject.
Career prospects for this course are exceptionally strong and you’ll have tremendous flexibility to undertake a wide variety of career paths. Software is at the heart of modern society, controlling computers and machines to accomplish a wide variety of tasks – from app development, to medical robots, to banking systems. Almost every industry in the world benefits from computing technology and approaches, and needs graduates with relevant skills to propel them forward into the future.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Database Systems
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Artificial Intelligence
- System Security Management
- Computer Communications and Networks
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Machine Learning View 959 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer - 112 UCAS tariff points.
- We take into consideration a number of factors when assessing your application. It's not just about your grades; we take the time to understand your personal circumstances and make decisions based on your potential to thrive at university and beyond.
- A levels - There are no specific subject requirements.
- BTEC Extended Diploma - DMM.
- Applicants on Access Programmes - There are no specific subject requirements.
- International Baccalaureate requirements - 112 points to include at least 2 HL subjects plus HL 3 or SL 4 in Maths.
- Plus minimum of GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or 4 (equivalents accepted).
International20118 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20118 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.