Are you interested in:
- Preventing health problems?
- Tackling health inequalities?
- Educating and empowering communities about health issues?
If so, this is the perfect time to choose this Public Health and Community Wellbeing (Hons) programme from the University of Bradford. There is increasing recognition of the public health challenges that we now face, including the unprecedented global coronavirus pandemic. This degree has been designed to meet these challenges.
You will be taught by a dynamic team of academics from diverse professional backgrounds including nursing, social work, psychology, epidemiology, health promotion, sociology and social sciences. The team are actively involved in current public health research.
Your job opportunities as a graduate with this degree are diverse and exciting. You can go straight into the workplace; our recent graduates have taken up roles such as:
- Early Years Practitioner
- Mental Health Support Worker (Suicide Prevention)
- Project Manager (Destitute Asylum Seekers)
- Health and Social Care Manager
- Advocate (Learning Disabilities)
- Quality Assurance Officer (Public Health England)
- Diabetes Champion prevention worker
Some of our graduates have decided to do further study such as:
- MPH Masters in Public Health
- MA in Social Work
- MA in Education
- MA in Psychology
- MSc Occupational Therapy
Our degree can lead to many different career opportunities:
- Health Promotion Officer
- Community Development Worker
- Minority Ethnic Health Officer
- Stop Smoking Advisor
- Housing Officer
- Drugs and Alcohol Support Worker
- Social Prescriber
- Infectious Disease Analyst
- Wellbeing Officer
- Health Researcher
- Teenage Pregnancy Worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Personal and Professional Development
- Psychological Perspectives on Health and Wellbeing
- Social Influences on Health and Wellbeing
- Social Policy, Society and Welfare
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Nursing View 346 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer - 112 UCAS tariff points.
- A levels - 112 UCAS tariff points to include at least one full A level. There are no specific subject requirements.
- BTEC Extended Diploma - DMM — there are no specific subject requirements.
- Applicants on Access Programmes - Meet UCAS tariff of 112. Health Professions, Science or Social Science subject required.
- International Baccalaureate requirements - 112 UCAS tariff points to include at least 1 HL subject. Plus HL 3 or SL 4 and English Language and Literature A or English B.
- Plus minimum of - GCSE English at grade C or grade 4. Level 2 equivalencies are accepted.
International16895 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16895 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.